What is Workers' Compensation for Farm Dairy and Drivers?
Workers’ Compensation, also known as Workman’s Comp, is business insurance that provides for the medical care for workers who suffer work related injuries or illnesses and also provides for lost wages due that arise when the employee is injured and cannot work.
Our Appetites: We prefer low and moderate hazard risks.
Competitive Commissions: We pay competitive commissions on premium collected.
CLICK HERE to see the list of Workers Comp Eligible Classes of Businesses
Workers compensation coverage helps protect your business in many ways including protection against:
Phraseology: Farm dairy and Drivers
Description: Processing of raw Milk
Who does workers’ compensation protect?
Workers’ compensation protects both the employer and employee. Employers are protected when they need to pay for and employee’s work-related injuries or illnesses. It protects employees by providing indemnity for lost wages arising from work-related loss or injury.
At SynchronoSure, we have a broad appetite for small account workers’ compensation risks:
A job at a dairy farm can be seriously dangerous. It is because the dairy farm supervisors, animal workers, maintenance officers, machine operators, drivers and even the farm owner are exposed to a lot of internal and external risks.
The most common dairy farm hazards are as follows:
- artificial insemination
- handling of cattle
- handling and storing chemicals
- confined spaces
- management of effluent ponds
- hazards with electricity
- machine and moving parts (i.e., belts and pulleys, blades and shear points, chains and sprockets, flywheels and gears, and rotating shafts)
- manual handling tasks (i.e., milking, cattle restraint, lifting feed or additive bags and carrying buckets of milk or water)
- noise hazards
- building a shed
- slips, trips and falls
At any moment, the workers in the farm can catch any of these hazards that can badly affect their health and their jobs. When there is a shortage in manpower, the business is affected too.
Good thing SynchronoSure®’s Workers’ Compensation protects the small businesses by providing the medical benefits and lost wages to the employees. This insurance can also protect the employer from lawsuits if the employee files for workplace negligence.
We have broad appetites for small account workers compensation risks:
- More than 1000 available payroll classifications (certain limitations apply for class codes in hazard grades E and F, no coverage for hazard grade G class codes)
- Maximum unmodified manual premium of $35,000
- Maximum experience modifier of 1.35
- Willing to underwrite risks currently insured in Assigned Risk Plans
- Minimum policy writing premium of $1,000
Workers Comp Coverage
- Employers Liability with limits up to $1 million / $ 1million / $1 million
- 2 Pay (to bind coverage, 20% down + first installment required)
- 4 Pay (to bind coverage, 20% down + first installment required)
- 10 Pay (to bind coverage, 20% down + first installment required)