What is Truckers General Liability?

What is Truckers General Liability?

Casualty policy specifically designed to meet the common needs of the trucking business for owner operators and motor carriers. Covers liability exposures of business activities not related to operating your truck.

Who needs Trucker General Liability coverage?

Any commercial trucker who is a Trucker for hire which has a physical address for its business.

Does my auto insurance cover me?

No, your auto policy only covers you for Bodily Injury and Property Damage liability arising out of the use and operation of the truck, as well as the loading and the unloading of the vehicle.

Do I need separate coverage?

Yes. In fact, many operations may not let you come onto their property without the proper coverage.

What does Truckers GL cover?

Truckers liability covers:

Your “premises and operations,” which means your shop, yard and entire operation, as well as when you and/or employees are away from your premises and are in the course of conducting work-related operations. Note that it does not cover transportation exposures as these are insured on your commercial automobile policy(ies).

Can you give examples?

  • The sales rep for the company that supplies equipment for your mechanic trips and falls and gets injured.
  • A few kids get into your yard. start playing with stacked tires and the pile falls over, injuring one or all of them.
  • Your mechanic asks your parts supplier to take a quick look at something under the truck and a part falls onto the supplier injuring them.

What are the limits and deductibles?

We offer limits of 

  • $500,000 per person, $1,000,000 per occurrence, and $1,000,000 annual aggregate
  • $1,000,000 per person, $2,000,000 per occurrence, and $2,000,000 annual aggregate.

We are not offering any deductibles at the present time.

Are there any restrictions and exceptions?

We will insure approved companies with the following criteria:

  • 25 or fewer tractors or power units
  • Revenue of $35,000,000 or less
  • Not available on the following vehicle types: Garbage Trucks, Cement Trucks, Limons, Hearses, Buses, Passenger Vans, Ice Cream Trucks
  • Not hauling sand, gravel or aggregates, other dump body exposures, or trash, garbage, refuse or transfer to landfill haulers and operations delivering building materials to jobsites
  • The policy, like most policies, has exclusions which makes sure the policy limits coverage to the intended exposures

How do I get started?

  • Pass along our information to your agent and have them give us a call
  • Call us directly and we will connect you with an agent in your area

INSURANCE PRODUCERS: Register with SynchronoSure® today and start earning!

Get a quote in 5 minutes or less. No carrier appointment necessary. No premium volume commitment. We pay competitive commissions on premium collected. SynchronoSure® trades with Insurance Carriers that are A- or higher rated by A.M. Best

Skip to content