Register with SynchronoSure® InsurTech Managing Underwriter today and generate quotes for your clients in a matter of minutes instead of days.
What is Excess and Umbrella?
Follow Form Excess Liability policies provide coverage above the limits of the scheduled underlying coverage. It offers no broader protection than that provided by the underlying policy.
Umbrella policies are a type of excess liability that not only offers higher liability limits, but also broadens coverage for things that your underlying policy might not cover. For example, an umbrella policy could extend coverage territory to include worldwide coverage territory, which is often broader coverage territory than underlying policies cover.
SynchronoSure® trades with Insurance Carriers that are A- or higher rated by A.M. Best.
- Download the Product Sheet here.
- View the Eligible Classes here.
- Download the Supplemental here – Excess GL and Excess Auto
Policy Minimum Premium: $750 unless otherwise specified.
Minimum Capacity Charges apply to individual per million of limit offered.
- Supported as low as $750 depending on the underlying insurance coverage.
- Unsupported as low as $1,250 per mil depending on class.
To see the full minimum capacity charge table, see Minimum Capacity Charges here.
Competitive Commissions: We pay competitive commissions on premium collected.
- Following Form Excess Liability Preference
- Appetite for Low and Moderate hazard risks with limited transportation exposure
- Maximum Coverage afforded is $5,000,000
- Risks with up to $25,000,000 in annual revenue
- More than 500 allowable class codes
Preferred Class Codes
- Retail/Wholesale operations
- Service/Office/Lessors Risk only exposures
- Manufacturing – avoiding the production of items with long-tail exposures
- Contracting/construction in select jurisdictions
- Selected Hospitality and Restaurant
- Exposures – liquor sales < 25% gross receipts
Major Excluded Classes
- Long Haul Trucking
- Northeast U.S. Construction
Minimum Attachment Points
Primary Commercial General Liability
- $1,000,000/2,000,000/$2,000,000 – Underlying GL per location
Primary Commercial Auto Liability
- $1,000,000 CSL – class weights low and medium
- $5,000,000 CSL – class weights heavy, extra heavy, all other (may consider $2,000,000 CSL if we control the primary)
- $1,000,000 low hazard states
- $2,000,000 moderate to high hazard states
Miscellaneous Professional Liability
- $1,000,000/$3,000,000 where PL exposure is incidental to overall exposure
Excess Liability is available in 48 states. Not available in IA and ME.
Contact us today if you want to be notified when Excess Liability will be available in your state:
Accepts payment via credit card or ACH. Policy forms, invoices and policyholder notices are sent electronically.