10 Tips To Help Businesses Maximize Attorney Relationships
Here are 10 tips to help businesses maximize attorney relationships.
- Trust your Attorney’s guidance, if you have a question or concern ask. But simply changing a document or ignoring advice is not smart.
- Keep your Attorney updated as changes occur, don’t go overboard but make sure they know about important issues.
- Treat your Attorney as part of the team. You have the Attorney-client privilege, hiding information from your Attorney reduces his or her ability to help you.
- Speak the same language. It is imperative to find an Attorney who understands entrepreneurship and is willing to learn about your field.
- Give your Attorney time to work. Attorney’s often have to do research or consult experts so provide your Attorney with time and space to analyze and research legal and business issues.
- Pay your Attorney on time. If you will not be able to stick to the agreed payment terms, discuss the issue upfront and honestly.
- Organize your expected legal needs. It is important to your Attorney to help you prioritize legal projects that will increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Be responsive to your Attorney’s calls and emails. Your Attorney may need to discuss with or gather information from you. Failing to respond may cause major problems.
- Understand the billing process. The billable hour remains a predominant payment structure, however other strategies such as fixed cost payments may be more beneficial in many circumstances so you should fully understand the billing process and options.
- Make the most of your Attorney’s non-legal relationships. Attorney’s are frequently well connected with experts in other fields and may be able to provide contacts and services that will help your business grow.